Saturday, April 13, 2013

"Falling" into New Zealand

 With the Fall season coming to an end soon, JC and I have been getting out and about enjoying the last of the outside activities.The weeks have been busy with JC going to school and myself assistant teaching. Last weekend was our 4th anniversary! On Sunday afternoon we went to see a circus/acrobatic show on the wharf. I thought this would be a great surprise for JC to see a circus performance on a SAILBOAT! The performers are originally from France and have been traveling on a tiny sailboat around the world (with their 2 children) for the past 10 years. They go to different ports along their trip to perform their circus show! Today we are going to go see another act by the French sailboat performers! To end our anniversary celebration we went to ... Mexico.... which is our favorite "restaurant" in the city! This weekend JC has been working on a big project for school while I have been preparing paperwork in hopes of finally being able to teach here soon! What a process it has been and there are some days where I want to give up. But... instead of giving up I just eat tons of rich amazing NZ ice cream and then I can continue to "fight" for my right to ... teach! Friday nights they have free movies down by the wharf. This was the last Friday until Summertime. I gathered our picnic bag and blankets and headed down to Silo Park to get our fish n chips for the movie night. JC met me at the park for my all time favorite original movie... Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! We enjoyed sitting under the stars watching the movie while having our dinner. After the movie we walked around the night market to find amazing chocolates, art, and goodies! Saturday morning I went to the French Market to get a few things we needed for the week! The market is filled with so many fresh things! It ranges from breads, produce, cheeses, paella, dips, and much more! The market is only a 5 minutes walk from our house! The Cigale Market is the "best" in Auckland and is held every Saturday and Sunday! JC and I love going but have to be careful about not over spending! The afternoon was spent at my friend Lizzie's Primary School listening to live music! Her school puts on a music festival with lots of activities for children, popular music groups, and food! I enjoyed sitting in the open field listening to good tunes while sipping on some New Zealand wine! JC wasn't able to go since he has his big project due on Monday. Today (Sunday) our schedule is to play some tennis, watch the sailboat circus, and have some wine and cheese at our favorite wine bar! Life is good... Life is great... and New Zealand is getting better and better by the day! Wish that visitors would come share this lovely country experience with us! Mi casa es su casa! 
Auckland's amazing street performers
A bit of aerial silk
First Pumpkin cooking experience
Sailboat CIRCUS
Love the community library


  





Movie night at Silo Park

No comments:

Post a Comment