JC's First Day of SCHOOL
What a birthday it was for JC! In New Zealand his birthday was on Tuesday but... in Costa Rica and the USA it was on Wednesday. Needless to say we are still in the process of celebrating his bday. On Monday night JC received an email from his professor saying that Tuesday was a conference that he had to attend. Tuesday seems to be JC's biggest school day and to top it off he was going to be away for his evening birthday celebrations! Between classes and going to the conference, I was able to bring lunch for the birthday boy along with a small red cake! If you don't know... it is a family tradition to give red velvet cake on your birthday. I couldn't bake one for him since we are still at the hostel so I searched high and low for the best little red cake! JC's Mom was with perfect timing and called while I was lighting the candles to surprise JC with his bday cake! We still haven't been out and about for JC's birthday and hope to get to have a little fun tonight out in the BIG little city of Auckland. Our weekend seems to be filled with personal tours and a fun walk around Auckland with tons of others on Sunday. Stay tuned in for more details!
Glad you are adjusting. Miss you.
ReplyDelete