Thursday, March 28, 2013

Moving WEEK! Oh happy joy joy!

                                                                Sunset view from our casa
It all began Friday morning at our lovely YMCA hostel... JC and I headed over to our new apartment by bus to get the keys to begin our moving adventure! JC had made the deposit the night before to ensure we would be able to move... but the deposit was made after 10:00pm which meant that the money would not show until the afternoon. After arriving we found that the keys wouldn't be given unless we could go to the bank to handle the situation! A bit stressed we made it to the bank and was able to get everything figured out! Friday morning JC and I spent cleaning cleaning cleaning. To our surprise along with the realtor, the owners had purchased everything we needed to feel at home! I had bought pots, pans, towels, blankets, and such... but was so happy to return them finding we had everything and more than we needed! In the afternoon we returned back to the Y where JC's friend, Lan, brought her car to move us in! We fit everything into her Rav 4 with only one trip! Saturday and Sunday we rented a car to pick up everything that was needed to complete our new "casa." What an exhausting two days to have everything go go go and buy buy buy before you have to return "the wheels" back to the rental place. We both worked super hard to get everything we needed which was mostly storage shelves  that JC spent hours building and placing! Groceries were also a big part of the list! Saturday evening was spent setting up the storage closets and organizing the cooking supplies! Sunday I returned out on the streets to get the last minute things while JC stayed home to do work! I am proud to say that we BOTH made it just fine driving in Auckland city on the left hand side! I feel that by walking and riding buses, we both felt it natural to be on the left side of the road! Sunday night was spent setting up JC's desk and putting things in there place. What a job it was to get our apartment to be our home! Monday and Tuesday I didn't get any work done on the house because I was working at a great school as a teaching assistant! I spent Thursday on the North Shore visiting an amazing primary school for the entire day! I loved the school, staff, and students! Today is Good Friday and the entire city is closed!!! We were supposed to have been on a road trip today but had problems with our rental car reservation. All in all we are both happy to rest and begin our road trip on Sunday to the Coromandel Bay! Tomorrow I am hitting the streets by renting a bike! I have been dying to ride around but haven't found the time! I can't wait to travel the day tomorrow touring the bays around the city! JC and I both agreed today that our apartment is finally feeling like home! With pictures of our friends and family, internet installed, and everything in it's place we are LOVING our casa!

No comments:

Post a Comment