Scenery,markets, and dragon boat racing...Oh My!
A friend from Yoga Training introduced me to her family who lives in Auckland. We have really enjoyed our visits with Bryan and Marianne. On Sunday Bryan called us up to see what were our plans. JC and I had nothing planned and the weather was raining and dreary. Saturday we had gone for the entire day to our favorite park to spend the day relaxing, practicing yoga, and walking.So... back to Sunday, Bryan came to pick us up to head outside of the city to see Marianne dragon boat race. The weather soon changed (being Auckland) and we had a gorgeous day by the wharf. Marianne's team raced the 200 meter dash in the super cool dragon style kayak made for 18-20 people. There was a great Sunday market at the wharf with great food, wine, and music. We met some friends of Bryan and Marianne who also came out to see the race. Towards the end of the race there was a shortage of people. JC and I were asked to grab an oar and head out on the boat. We had a great time but man that was a work out. This weekend Marianne will race the 2km race! I enjoyed the team effort and exercise... JC enjoyed it but not into trying it out more. I might look into joining a team to meet a variety of people! We left the wharf to then take a side trip to a nice park near by. There was a nice beach and many walking trails. The views were incredible of Auckland city. Bryan continued our tour through the area where we are moving. It was great to see the park near our house with it's own beach and swimming pools! Next, we headed to Bryan's house where we went down to the sailboat club to have a few drinks! Somehow JC and I are supposed to be going out sailing on Thursday afternoon! After drinks we cooked out on the grill and enjoyed the company and food! Before we knew it, the time had slipped away and it was almost 10:00! Tomorrow (Monday) was JC's first day of school. I took pictures of my hubby heading off to school. I was able to meet him in the university park for a nice lunch in between classes. Overall, JC had a good first day and is trying to figure out his class schedules!
Sounds like a busy day. Glad you two got out and about. Tell Juan I wish him a very happy birthday. He'll remember this one in New Zealand. Love you and miss you both.
ReplyDelete